Trincomalee is the administrative headquarters of the trincomalee district . located on the east coast of the island.265 .km away from Colombo, 113.miles south of Jaffna, and 69 miles north of Baticaloa
* Trincomalee city is home to the famous Koneswaram temple ( recorded history spans more then Two and half thousand years beginning with civilian settlement associated with the Koneswaram temple in the pre- modem ara )
* The city also has the largest Dutch fort on the island.
* One of the oldest cities in Asia
* Trincomalee is a natural deep harbor attracted seafarers.
* Trader and pilgrimsfrom Europe, Middle East, Africa.China. East Asia,and Australasia since ancient time (400 BEC.)
* The area is famous for Bathing and swimming,owing to the relative shallowness of the sea.
* allowing one of the walk out over hundred meters in to the sea without the water reaching the chest.
* Whale watching.
|Koneswaram temple (Hindu)|
|ruwantrips SriLanka tour www.ruwantrips.net|